This morning, as I was whipping up this deliciously fluffy vegan and gluten-free pancake recipe with my son, I decided that it might be fun to jump back into the blog, and post this recipe for all to enjoy (and for me to go back and reference!). It’s been too long and I’ve been craving a creative outlet, so I’m grateful that you are here, reading this post. THANK YOU!
I don’t always eat gluten-free, and I’m grateful that it is not something that I have to do. However, sometimes we have guests over that follow a gluten-free diet and I like to have ingredients on hand to quickly whip something up! And if you know me, you will know that I LOVE sleepovers! So any way to encourage our guests to stay the night is good by me!
This gluten-free pancake recipe is super easy and tasty! You can also sub in regular, all-purpose, flour and adjust the dairy-free milk to make fluffy, plant-based, pancakes for your guests, lover or family to enjoy. If you are planning on making these pancakes gluten-free, it is imperative that you purchase the BLUE & clear bag of gluten-free 1:1 flour blend by Bob’s Redmill, and NOT the gluten-free all-purpose flour (red/clear bag). The latter has a “beany” flavor that is very tough to mask. Woodland Foods also has a delicious all-purpose gluten-free flour blend under their Manitou Trading Company brand that you can buy direct on their website.
Without further ado, here is the fluffy gluten-free pancake recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour (Bob's Red Mill Blue Bag)
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T chia seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine + 3 T reserved
- Add all dry ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl
- Mix together with a whisk or spoon
- Add in margarine and cut with whisk or pastry cutter so mixture is a little crumbly, but most of the butter is mixed in
- Add in vanilla and slowly add in milk (may need to adjust the amount of milk, so that batter is smooth but still slightly thick)
- Warm skillet to medium high heat
- Add 1 T of reserved margarine and drop batter by 1/3 cup
- Cook on one side for a couple of minutes & flip (slightly flip to ensure cooked through)
- Repeat on the other side
- Remove from heat and serve with warm maple syrup and whipped coconut cream! 🙂
- Gluten-free pancakes need to cook a little longer on the skillet and are slightly more chewy than regular pancakes, but these are still yummy! If you want to make these with regular flour, that is fine! Just slightly reduce the amount of non-dairy milk, sub in the regular flour 1:1, and monitor the cook time. Bon appetite!