Oven roasted Brussels sprouts delivered just in time for the holidays! I’ve been meaning to add this to the blog for sometime now, so here it is. This recipe is easy as pie. Actually it’s a lot easier to make than pie, but if you wanted a tasty pie recipe I have that too.. A chocolate cream pie to be exact.
I remember growing up and eating the Green Giant Brussels sprouts slathered in a chemical looking butter sauce. They weren’t awful, but they weren’t great either. Let’s just say, I never looked forward to eating them. Today, things are different when it comes to Brussels sprouts. The restaurant industry has definitely made them cool again and thanks to different breeding practices (for lack of a better word), Brussels sprouts have actually became less bitter over the years!
With this easy oven roasted Brussels sprout recipe you don’t have to wait to go to a restaurant, you can make them at home just as good or even better than they do. The best thing is you can make a TON of them and just go to town.
THEY ARE THAT GOOD. DANG!
So, try these out over the holidays… or any old day, but my family suddenly saw the light and became raving fans of Brussels sprouts a few years ago when I made these at Thanksgiving.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Large Spoon
- Baking Sheets (2)
- 45 Brussels Sprouts (7 cups)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Pressed)
- 5 T EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/2 Lemon – juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 3 T Organic Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees2. Slice off stems and halve brussels sprouts and place in large bowl3. Add in rest of ingredients and toss until coated4. Place in flat row on baking sheets5. Bake on top rack until browned and crisp – about 40 minutes then turn up heat to 430 F degrees and cook for another 10 minutes until crisp6. Enjoy with some shaved parmesan on top and a little extra fresh lemon if desired!