The party is quickly approaching and you don’t know what you are serving yet! Don’t sweat – this 10 minute sweet and spicy vegan cheese dip recipe is what you are going to serve! The best thing is, every single one of your party guests can eat it. It’s dairy-free, soy-free, vegan, gluten-free, but flavor-FULL. Cheesy? Yes, but that’s how I roll.
Be sure to read down to the bottom for a quick and easy layered taco dip variation of this recipe and a chance to win some free Daiya cheese! Happy vegan cheese dip making.
Sweet and spicy vegan cheese dip recipe
DF, SF, GF, Cholesterol free and Vegan.
Can be served cold or warm
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: One big bowl of sweet and spicy vegan cheese dip
- 1 package Daiya jalapeno Havarti block
- 1 package Daiya chive and onion cream cheese style spread
- 1/2 cup Daiya pepperjack or cheddar style shreds
- 12 whole pimento peppers
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion, coarsely chopped (about ½ med size onion)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp hot sauce of your liking (omit if you don’t like spice)
- If serving heated, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place onion in food processor until finely chopped
- Coarsely chop pimento peppers and reserve
- Add Havarti block, pimento peppers and chive and onion cream cheese spread to food processor
- Process on low until blended
- Add water, hot sauce and smoked paprika
- Blend until creamy, but still chunky
- If serving cold, place in large bowl and serve with chips or pita bread
- If serving warm, place in oven-safe dish, add 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar or pepperjack shreds and bake @ 350 for 12 minutes (will thin out a bit) and serve with chips or pita bread
- Say cheese!
Layered taco dip:
- Put 2 cans of vegetarian re-fried beans in the bottom of a oven-proof 9×9 glass Pyrex
- Spread the sweet and spicy vegan cheese dip on top
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Daiya pepperjack or cheddar style cheese shreds on top of cheese dip
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add shredded lettuce, tomato, and guacamole for a quick and tasty taco dip that is sure to impress!
I have two free Daiya cheese coupons for the person who shares the most creative pictures of this dip posted on my Facebook page within the next 2 weeks – go!
Finally an excuse to try that Daiya Havarti block, I’ve been looking for an interesting recipe to give it a go, and now I’ve got one!
Excellent!! It’s also great as is or crumbled on a salad or on an arepa. I have a tasty recipe I can email you if you’d like!
Yes, please! My email is tim [at] getitvegan.com. Thanks so much!