A vegan cheese sauce recipe that takes just 5 minutes to make and uses Daiya’s creamy dairy free cheeses. Oh yeah! This recipe is so easy you can make it blindfolded. Okay, maybe not blindfolded, but it is foolproof and extremely delicious. Having been a vegan cheese skeptic for years, it was super exciting to have a go to vegan cheese sauce recipe to use (that actually tastes like the “real deal”) when the craving hit.
We topped freshly steamed broccoli with this cheese sauce and also used it at a recent party we hosted as a queso dip by simply mixing in salsa and serving with tortilla chips. Oh the possibilities! How are you going to incorporate this delicious vegan cheese sauce into your diet?
Vegan Cheese Sauce Recipe
Dairy free, gluten free, soy free, vegan
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 package Daiya jack style block
- 1 8 oz bag of Daiya cheddar style shreds
- 2 heaping T vegan margarine – Earth Balance is great
- 1/4 cup + 3 T dairy free milk
- 1.5 T nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Bring medium saucepan to medium heat
- Melt vegan margarine
- Add both of the Daiya cheeses, spices and dairy-free milk
- Stir on medium low heat for 5 minutes until consistency of a thick cheese sauce!
- Serve on vegetables or as a queso dip – works well in a crock-pot for parties
I love daiya products!
They make eating plant-based that much more enjoyable!
I’m dairy free, so it’s so nice finding a recipe that can meet my “junk food” cravings! Thanks so much for sharing!
I hope that you like it 🙂
I like to use this recipe for baked potatoes