What tastes phenomenal, is completely dairy and lactose free, cholesterol free and is perfect for any party? This 30 minute no-bake vegan cheesecake recipe! Don’t let the word “vegan” scare you. This is just a really good, dairy-free cheesecake recipe that everyone can enjoy. Period.
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love cheesecake! Unfortunately my tummy does not. I am severely lactose intolerant. My body will not stand for lactose. Okay, that is only funny if you have seen Jerry Seinfeld’s standup on lactose intolerance. I hear crickets…. Moving on!
I’ve never had a dairy-free cheesecake prior to making this easy no-bake version, which I adapted from Daiya Foods. It is a cinch to make and will satisfy any sweet tooth. You can find the Daiya vegan cream cheese at the local grocer near you (or if your nice I can send you a free coupon or two!). This recipe can easily be made gluten-free if you eliminate the crust or use gluten-free graham crackers.
30 Minute No Bake Cinnamon Vanilla Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
Adapted from Daiya Foods
DF, *Vegan, Soy Free
Yields: 1- 10 inch no bake cheesecake
• Prepared crust of your choice (or use this vegan crust recipe)
• 3/4 cup coconut butter (a.k.a coconut manna)*
• 4 tbsp. water
• 4 tbsp. lemon juice
• 2 tbsp. natural vanilla extract (clear or white is best but regular vanilla extract can also be used)
• 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
• 3 tsp. Vietnamese cinnamon
• 3 T honey *omit and use agave or organic sugar if strict vegan
• 2 containers Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread (or Daiya strawberry cream cheese spread)
• 3 tbsp. coconut oil
*Note: Coconut butter, also known as coconut manna, can be found in many grocery stores in the nut butter aisle. It is not the same thing as coconut oil
- In a blender or food processor add the coconut butter, water, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar
- Blend until completely smooth (about 2 min.)
- With an electric beater, whip the Daiya cream cheese spread until smooth
- Add the smooth coconut butter paste and honey or agave to the cream cheese mixture and beat until fully incorporated
- Melt the coconut oil and pour into the cream cheese and coconut mixture
- Beat until fully combined
- Spread onto prepared crust and let sit covered in the fridge for at least 3 hours
- Top the cheesecake with fresh berries and this delicious vanilla coconut whipped cream
*Want to switch things up? Use the strawberry Daiya cream cheese in place of the plain and add some finely chopped basil into the batter for a delicious twist!
Check out my other vegan recipes with Daiya’s deliciously dairy-free products below!