It’s mango and strawberry season peeps and I couldn’t be more excited! So head out to your local produce market and stock up. Both strawberries and mango’s can easily be kept frozen for future use. So buying in bulk is ideal. This way you have the freshest strawberries all summer long!
Strawberries are full of vitamins that are essential for great health plus they are high in fiber which helps burn stored fat! There are only 54 calories in 1 cup so eat up friends! Strawberries are great in smoothies, salads, desserts and oatmeal. Speaking of oatmeal….I have a quick and delicious oatmeal recipe that I want to share with you today!
For a super easy heart healthy way to jump-start your day, cook up the following mango, strawberry oatmeal recipe with chia seed and I guarantee you’ll feel light on your feet throughout the busy work day. This recipe is also packed with vitamin C for an added boost of nutrition and it takes just 10 minutes to make. Not familiar with chia, then check out my video. You will have a chia PHD after watching it. I guarantee it.
Strawberry Mango Oatmeal with Chia Seed
Cook and prep time 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup dry old fashioned oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 mango finely diced
- 2 tbs chia seed (white or black)
- Almond milk
- Honey or agave
- Sprinkle of salt
- Cinnamon (I use Vietnamese or Saigon cinnamon)
- Bring 2 cups salted water to boil
- Add 1 cup oats
- Bring down to a simmer for a 5 minutes
- Dice Mango while Oatmeal is simmering
- Add Chia to oats
- Once oatmeal is just about cooked add strawberries and cook through
- Place oatmeal in serving dish and top with diced mango, cinnamon, agave/honey and almond milk
- Eat and enjoy!
Great meeting you last night. I was inspired by your story and read your about me to greater appreciate your journey. I would love for my brother to say it is ok for me to share your website with my niece who is struggling with an eating disorder too. Best of luck getting your message out!