If you know me, you know that I love whipped cream. Some could even say I’m addicted to it. Whipped cream was one of the most difficult things for me to give up switching to a plant-based diet. That was, until I discovered rich, creamy, dairy-free coconut whipped cream. It is inexpensive, simple to make and delicious. It holds firm and is a compliment to any dessert or fresh fruit.
I’ve came up with the quickest and easiest coconut whipped cream recipe. It takes just five minutes to make and can last up to one week in a sealed container in your fridge. As a tip, make sure you plan ahead and chill the coconut cream overnight. I made the mistake once and didn’t chill it and it didn’t turn out right. Also you need to make sure the label reads cream of coconut or coconut cream, full fat, and not coconut milk. See picture below.
Vanilla coconut whipped cream recipe
DF, Vegan, Soy Free, GF
- 2-14 oz can coconut cream, chilled overnight
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or 1/2 Vanilla bean scraped
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar or 2 T maple syrup
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Chill cream of coconut/coconut milk overnight
- Strain liquid off of coconut milk
- Place the cream of coconut (thick part) into mixing bowl
- Add vanilla
- Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar or 2 T of maple syrup
- Mix on high and slowly add remaining powdered sugar to desired consistency
- Store in air tight container in fridge for up to 1 week
- Enjoy on cookies, cakes, fresh fruit or on a spoon by itself!