by Samantha Turner
I love making vegetarian stir fry recipes because they are quick, easy and require very little planning. Just choose your favorite type of grain (rice, quinoa, millet, etc.), your favorite veggies (or whatever is sitting in your vegetable drawer), a plant-based protein (beans, tofu, etc.) and a sauce. The sauce can be as simple as olive oil and vinegar or olive oil, a touch of sugar, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce.
By combining these ingredients you’ll get a delicious and nutritious meal in about 45 minutes! Below you can find a quick and easy vegetarian stir fry recipe I created on the fly for a few friends and I. If you have any ideas on sauces, different plant proteins, grains or vegetables you love to use in your vegetarian stir fry recipe; please leave us a comment below. We love new recipe inspiration!
Quick and easy vegetarian stir fry recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 package extra firm organic tofu (I like sprouted tofu), drained and pressed
- 1 C brown rice
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 bulb bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, steamed and chopped
- 1 T chopped garlic
- 1 T chopped ginger
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to directions (usually 30 minutes)
- Steam cauliflower, set aside to cool
- Chop ginger and garlic and put in small bowl
- Slice pepper, chop bok choy, chop cooked cauliflower, put in a bowl and set aside
- Chop pressed & drained tofu and set aside
- In a large pan, pour in olive oil, ginger, and garlic and cook on medium-low for 2 min
- Add pepper, bok choy, cauliflower, vinegar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and salt/pepper to pan
- Cook for 10 minutes until veggies soften
- Add tofu, cook for 1-2 more minutes
- Put a scoop of rice in a bowl and top with veggie/tofu mixture
- Serve and enjoy!
How do you stir fry?