When you see a vegan dark chocolate mousse recipe it should not be regarded as flavorless or less indulgent than a traditional dairy-based chocolate mousse (trust me. I wouldn’t eat it if it was!). It just means it is free of dairy so those who are lactose intolerant, dairy-allergic or the millions who just want to reduce their dairy intake can enjoy a rich and creamy chocolate mousse without sacrificing flavor or texture! Vegan dark chocolate mousse just happens to be a bit healthier too since it is cholesterol free. The antioxidants in the dark chocolate also make it a heart-healthy yet decadent dessert option for all to enjoy.
The first time I made this recipe, we had a guest coming over who does not eat vegan or dairy-free. I offered him a small bowl with a dollop of freshly whipped coconut cream on top and he gobbled it right up (that made me smile)! He couldn’t tell that it was free of dairy. Don’t just take my word for it. Make this recipe at home. I mean, come on, it takes just 5 minutes and is perfected all in one bowl! Then leave a comment below and let me know how you and your peeps enjoyed it.
Vegan Dark Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Dairy Free, Vegan, Gluten Free
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1 16 oz package organic silken tofu
- 1.5 c dark chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life) + a few extra reserved for topping
- 1 T Earth Balance (to coat glass for melting chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Madagascar vanilla
- 2 T coconut or almond milk
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- Dash salt
- Melt the chocolate chips in Earth Balance coated microwave safe glass bowl on power 4 for 3-5 minutes or in a small Earth Balance coated pot on stove over medium heat for a few minutes until melted
- Put all ingredients, including the melted chocolate chips into a food processor or blender
- Blend until super smooth
- Chill for 1 hour before serving
- Serve topped with dark chocolate chips and coconut whipped cream
*This recipe is used in this amazing double dark chocolate dream pie recipe!