So you want your greens to taste good? Welcome to the club! This green smoothie recipe not only tastes amazing but it is simple to make and requires basic staples that can be sourced at any mainstream grocery store. It also happens to taste identical to those little green candies named Skittles! Now how is that for a healthy treat?
I haven’t always been a fan of green smoothies or green juice. In fact, the first time I tried my mom’s green drink I almost gagged. I also thought I had to be this uber healthy person with a Vitamix and truckloads of kale pouring out of my refrigerator to be a “Green Smoothie Drinker” (something I coined the green drink advocates a while back). However, I found out that’s not the case. When you make green smoothies taste this good, you instantly get hooked and your body reaps the benefits. Today, I can confidently say, “I am a Green Smoothie Drinker” and I still eat the occaisonal slice of pie. It’s all about balance!
- 1 wedge of lemon (peeled)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (Silk or SO Delicious are great brands)
- 1 cup of densely packed raw spinach leaves
- 3 Medjool Dates, pitted and sliced
- 1 sliced whole green apple (leave skin on)
- 2 whole oranges peeled and separated into quarters
- 1 T chia seed
- 1.5 cups of ice cubes
- 3 T lemon juice (or to taste start with 2 T)
- Add all ingredients into the blender with the heavier items on top. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Repeat often for glowing vibrant skin and health!
- Can sub in kale for spinach*